How to Create a Killer Marketing Offer
In light of everything that has gone on this year, you may be a little nervous about getting your marketing campaigns going again. But it is time to dust the cobwebs off the register so to speak, remind your patients you are here for them and start marketing your private practice! A lot of people are very ready to find the “new normal” of getting on with living their lives during this pandemic. Once you have navigated how to safely reopen your practice, it’s time to get your marketing machine running and tell your patients just why they should trust your practice for all their needs!
7 tips to motivate your patients now:
1. CLEARLY COMMUNICATE YOUR NEW SAFETY PROCEDURES. Don’t take it for granted that your patients know or trust that you are taking extra safety measures right now. You’d be surprised how many offices are actually using extra PPE and safety protocols but are not sharing what they are doing with their patients until they are asked about it. This is a BIG mistake. Make sure you’re proactively sharing these procedures in all of your communication and marketing pieces – especially on your website. But it doesn’t stop there. Make sure your front desk team has been properly trained on all your new procedures as well. Your patients may be interested in coming in, but they could very easily change their mind if your team bungles the opportunity by making it seem like you are not taking safety seriously enough right now.
2. YOUR MARKETING OFFER HAS TO BE UNDERSTANDABLE. Don’t overcomplicate what it is you’re trying to portray to your audience. You want to be extremely clear about the BENEFIT they are receiving. Ask yourself, “What’s in it for them?” If you’re confusing and have too many messages, it muddles the communication — leaving your reader doing nothing! Always remember KEEPING IT SIMPLE is marketing your private practice 101!
3. ALWAYS STATE THE KNOWN VALUE. If you’re giving away a car or an iPad, they have a “known” value, but if you are talking about a dental service, product or other item, make sure you make the value known! This allows your audience to fully understand what kind of offer or “deal” they are receiving. Think about it, when you buy something, don’t you want to know the overall value before making a decision? It’s the same concept.
4. INCLUDE A PREMIUM OR DISCOUNT. This is key — it’s what could push your audience to take action. Whether it’s “first exam at no charge” or “50% off for the first 7 to respond” — either option is fine to use in marketing offers, but definitely test both to see which works best for you.
5. MAKE THE OFFER TIME SENSITIVE. Most people will act sooner with an actual deadline. Some people put things off because they have to think about it, research more, etc. But if the offer is dated, it gives them a concrete deadline to take action. For example, “This Week Only!” or “Offer Expires on July 31st!” — it lets your audience know when they need to respond by and keeps your piece out of the “think about it” pile.
6. HAVE A STRONG CALL TO ACTION. We’ve seen some great offers – with NO REAL CALL TO ACTION. You have to tell your audience HOW to respond… for example, “Call This Number” or “Request an Appointment at this URL.” Not only does the person know exactly how to take action, but there also needs to be a sense of urgency as well.
7. CREATE A STRONG GUARANTEE OR REASSURANCE. This reassures readers of WHY they are responding to your offer. Restate the benefit they are receiving. How many times have you gone to purchase something, only to put it back at the last minute? There are so many reasons going through your head to not buy the product… unless there is another reason you SHOULD right before the purchase. A “100% patient satisfaction” or “money-back guarantee” are really strong reassurances for anyone that might be a little skeptical. It also makes your offer — or what you’re selling — that much more believable.
We know that marketing your private practice has slowed down or even stopped completely for a few months. But remember, people still have oral health and cosmetic reasons to come visit you. They are now ready to stop delaying and start getting back out in the world. Make sure your patients know your doors are open, and what you can offer that makes you stand out from the other practices in your area.
Follow these 7 tips and get your name out there! But remember, all your best marketing efforts will fail … even following these 7 tips … if your front desk team isn’t properly trained on how to respond to your new (or existing patients’) calls! Before you begin marketing your private practice again, make sure your front desk team is ready to go. Take the 5 Star Challenge today. It will help determine if your front desk team is positioned to help get more new patients, increase collections and maximize growth, or if your new patient intake process needs an overhaul for the long-term success of your practice.
Want more actionable steps to increase your private practice revenue? Subscribe to our content feed!