Risk and Your Private Practice: You Need It
What if you were trapped in a dark box, and you were forced to live for years in that dark box? What would you do? Wouldn’t you do everything you possibly could to escape?
Well, what if we told you that you have indeed been locked inside a dark box? It’s true! But the scariest part is that YOU are the one who’s trapped yourself there! It’s called your comfort zone, and believe it or not, it’s the most dangerous place you can be.
When you trap yourself in your comfort zone–a box full of fear and stagnation–you prevent yourself from ever taking necessary risks and achieving true success in your private practice. You doom yourself to a lifetime of plateaus and declines.
Recognize the Fear and Break Through it
Last year we all had actual, real-world reasons for fear. We had to be extremely cautious and work through a lot of unknowns. And while January 1, 2021, was not the magic “everything is now fine” day we thought it would be … there is still so much more we have control of than we did a few months ago. Yet for a lot of people, they are still stuck in that box created out of necessity. Day after day, it’s the same thing. You get up. Go to work. Go home. You do this over and over again! Albert Einstein said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results… And if you are living in your comfort zone, that’s exactly what you’re doing!
Since you’re so caught up in doing the same thing over and over again, it’s literally impossible for you to step back and gain some perspective on what you could do DIFFERENTLY to create CHANGE and improve your private practice results. If you don’t break through that box, you will never be able to GROW your private practice. Growth is IMPOSSIBLE inside the confines of your comfort zone.
Here’s the deal. You only get one life and one chance to make the most of it. If you really want to achieve the extraordinary things you dreamed about when you first started your practice, you’re going to have to take a deep breath and start kicking down some walls.
Why Your Private Practice Needs Calculated Risks
You need to start practicing your ability to make calculated risks, and then keep practicing… At first, it will be scary, but you’ll soon experience an exciting rush as your business takes off, and then continues to grow over the next 20 years… In fact, the more “walls” you bust down, and the more risks and investments you’re willing to make, the bigger your growth capacity will be. It’s a nonstop loop.
We are not suggesting you throw all caution to the wind – but we are suggesting you take some action. Here are some things you can do to get UNSTUCK and moving your practice forward:
- Recognize you are stuck and make a decision to break out of your comfort zone. This isn’t easy, but like anything in life you have to start with a clear vision for achievement. In his book Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill states, “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
- Take inventory of the processes you stopped last year. Is it possible to go back to doing some of the things that have brought you success in the past? Make a list and map out the steps to bring them back into play in your practice.
Private Practice Mindfulness
- Focus on your human capital, aka your team. Your team can make or break your success. Are they also stuck in a box? Feeling drained and bored with the same day-to-day routine? It’s time to bring fun and connectivity back to your practice. Find opportunities to bring your team together in a space that allows for social distancing and safety precautions and get them fired up about this year. Our team and many of our coaching clients have been able to hold successful 2021 Kickoff Retreats by being creative and getting out of our own buildings. These experiences build engagement, energy, and momentum.
Power to the Patients
- Finetune your patient experience. We’ve all had to dial up the safety precautions in our offices, but that doesn’t mean it is ok to make your patient experience sterile too! Now more than ever the practices that are able to provide a one-of-a-kind, top-notch experience are the ones scooping up the most new patients. This starts with the first moment of contact – probably the phones! Are you positive your team is providing the best possible service? Find out by taking the 5-Star Challenge. It is free and quick – and actually could be an easy way to find extra money you’ve inadvertently been turning away.
- Spend a day out of the practice working on your business. Why do some people have their best idea in the shower or after a rejuvenating vacation? Like the old saying, You can’t see the forest for the trees, sometimes you need to literally get out of the building to truly unplug and free your mind to new possibilities. Come to our next Semi-Private Event in May and learn how to make more money in your practice now or sell for maximum value in the next 3-5 years. There have been restrictions in the last year that have made travel difficult, but we are now having great success getting back to hosting live events due to our rigorous safety protocols and large venues. Learn more about this event at JayGeierEvents.com.
Time To Execute In Your Private Practice
It’s time to take action. Are you going to stay in your comfort zone forever? Or are you ready to bust down some walls? If you’re ready to get moving, we’re here for you. Take the first step by taking the 5-Star Challenge. This quick test will tell you if you’re set up for success, or if you’re missing a huge (and easy) opportunity to bring in $10,000 to $50,000 dollars a month. Click here for doctor success stories.