Effective Date: October 15, 2015
The Scheduling Institute (collectively “we,” “us” or “our”) respects the privacy of our users when they use our website (the “Site”). This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes our practices regarding information that we collect through the Site. By accessing or otherwise using the Site, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information in accordance with this Statement.
This Statement only applies to the Site and does not apply to information collected or received by other means. This Statement does not apply to services or websites offered by third parties, even if the Site links to those services or third parties.
Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information:
Information You Provide. We may collect information that you choose to provide on the Site in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- register to become a member or when you register for one of our products or services. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, username, and password;
- communicate with us, such as to provide feedback, request support, or ask for additional information.
- make information available to us via social media, such as Facebook or Twitter;
- provide user content, such as videos or photos;
- make a purchase and provide payment card information for one of our products or services;
- subscribe to newsletters or provide feedback; and
- participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotions.
Automated Information. Information regarding your use of the Site may be collected and/or aggregated automatically when you visit the Site. This automatically collected information may include information such as:
- your IP address,
- the type of browser and operating system used;
- date and time you access the Site and pages you visit;
- if you linked from or to another website, and the address of that website;
- emails you open and links you click on within those emails; and
- information regarding your internet service provider or the type of device you used to access the Site (such as a mobile device).
We may allow third parties to use Data Technologies on our Sites. The information collected from these Data Technologies may be shared with and used by others acting on our behalf, or by third parties subject to their own privacy policies. Information collected by Data Technologies may be used on the Site or on other websites, services, or online applications, including websites, services, or online applications that may not be operated by us.
Publicly Posted Information. Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
Combined Information and Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from third parties. This information may include information about your use of our Sites or services, your use of other websites, your interests and preferences, and other information. For example, we may collect information about your browsing and usage history on our Sites. We may combine the information we obtain from third parties with information that we or our affiliates have collected about you.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We or others acting on our behalf may use information that is collected or received from your use of the Site for the following purposes:
- for everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your user account, providing products and services you request, processing and collecting payments and providing customer support;
- to offer our other products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with us and others through various means, such as through our message boards, blogs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications and websites;
- to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis; and
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share information about you that we collect or receive, except as described below:
- We may share information about you, including personal information, with our corporate affiliates, who will use it in accordance with their privacy policies.
- Our Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide the services offered through or in connection with the Site on our behalf. We require such providers to maintain information about you as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- Corporate and Asset Transactions. If we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a substantial part of our business, we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
- We may access or disclose information, including personal information, to:
- protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of Scheduling Institute and our affiliates;
- protect the rights, interests, safety and security of users of the Site or members of the public;
- protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or
- comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, and applicable law or legal process.
You are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you.
- If at any time you wish to stop receiving promotional emails from us, you may follow the unsubscribe link included within each email. You may also request not to receive other promotional email communications from us by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below. (Please note that you may continue to receive non-promotional communications as permitted by law.)
Access and Correction
Access to information that we collect and maintain about you may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within the Site, you can access that account to update the information you previously provided. Additionally, if you believe that information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
California Do-Not-Track Disclosures
As of the Effective Date listed above, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers. Therefore, we do not respond to such signals or to other mechanisms that provide the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information regarding your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services.
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Privacy Statement. We will provide you with additional notice of material changes by posting notice of the changes for thirty (30) days before we implement those changes.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org